Wagon Mounted Hit & Miss Double Ice Cream Freezers
Amazing crowd-drawing old-fashioned Hit-&-Miss powered double tub ice cream freezer-maker. Fully equipped with a refurbished original John Deere Hit-n-Miss 3-HP engine and two Country 20-qt nostalgic wooden tub ice cream freezers. All are mounted on a wagon with a choice of rubber tire wheels (standard) or upgraded to old-fashioned wooden spoke wheels. Wagon bed options of finished oak or new recycled gray poly lumber. (Pictured as green)
These old-time pop and puff hit-n-miss engines are fascinating to watch as they churn away at old-fashioned homemade ice cream. The 3-HP engines are large enough to run both freezer churns at the same time. A double hand clutch mounted on a jackshaft allows for the freezers to stop churning independently without shutting down the engine each time.
Read more below >
These old-fashioned hit-n-miss freezers have entertained and served up some of the best homemade ice creams on the 4th of July celebrations, county fairs, and church socials. Now you can help people take a step back in time to once again enjoy the magic behind how ice cream was once made and served.
Priced with rubber tire wheels, select wooden spoke wheels on either the finished oak or poly bed in the drop-down box to see the incremental price difference.
Country 20-quart freezers are still constructed from select white oak lumber and stainless-steel parts. NSF certification is available for local health departments.
Freezers are mounted on hinged platforms for easy tip-over to remove ice.
A convenient drain valve with an ice screen is included as well as an overflow drain to prevent saltwater from running into the ice cream tub.
The unique USA-made clutches allow you to run each freezer independently.
Plexiglass shield helps to keep curious fingers out of the belts and pullies.
Stainless steel fasteners brackets, hinges, and shafting help to prevent rust.
Units are fully assembled and ready to run. The double tub units are mounted on an 89-1/2" x 26" wagon that is 95" long with tongue and 36" wide with shields and wheels.
Priced F.O.B. for pickup in Lancaster County PA or special shipping rates are available, e-mail us for a quote.
Why Country Freezers are your best quality purchase:
- Amish handcrafted (the old-time quality, company does not try to compete with imports)
- Tall design for optimum freezing
- Extra-heavy seamless stainless steel can
- Rustproof manganese-bronze housing
- Rustproof zinc gears (stainless steel available upgrade on 20-qt)
- White Oak wooden tub (the same used to make whiskey and other barrels)
- Adjustable stainless-steel tub straps (three of them to keep the tub staves tight)
- Stainless steel shaft & handle
- Stainless steel dasher on the 8 & 20-qt models
- ¼-turn slide latch (positive locking)
- All stainless-steel fittings (nothing to rust)
- Should last a lifetime
- 5-year warranty on all stainless-steel parts
Click Here to see our single tub models with a 1-1/2 HP Hit-n-Miss motor.